Some on Cellular Hydrogen Peroxide, antioxidant benefits and effects!
First some on how antioxidants work with free radicals and where is Hydrogen Peroxide:
Free radicals can be broken down into five types. The first four types come from oxygen atoms and are called Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS), but the fifth type derives from nitrogen:
Superoxide ion (O): An oxygen molecule with an extra electron that can damage mitochondria, DNA and other molecules.
Hydroxyl radical (OH): A highly reactive molecule formed by the reduction of an oxygen molecule, capable of damaging almost any organic molecule in its vicinity, including carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and DNA. OH cannot be eliminated by an enzymatic reaction.
Singlet oxygen: Formed by your immune system, singlet oxygen causes oxidation of your LDL.
Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2): Not a free radical itself, but easily converts to free radicals like OH, which then do the damage. Hydrogen peroxide is neutralized by peroxidase (an enzymatic antioxidant).
Reactive Nitrogen Species (RNS) (NO): Nitric acid is the most important RNS.
These various free radical species can damage DNA in different ways.
They can disrupt duplication of DNA, interfere with DNA maintenance, break open the molecule or alter the structure by reacting with the DNA bases. Cancer, atherosclerosis, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s disease, and cataracts are examples of diseases thought to result from free radical damage.
In fact, free radicals are implicated in more than 60 different diseases.
Lipids in cell membranes are quite prone to oxidative damage because free radicals tend to collect in cell membranes, known as “lipid peroxidation.” (The lipid peroxide radical is sometimes abbreviated as LOO.) When a cell membrane becomes oxidized by an ROS, it becomes brittle and leaky. Eventually, the cell falls apart and dies.
This is akin to what happens when butter, vegetable oils or meat becomes rancid—and why manufacturers sometimes add agents to prevent that. How can this free radical pillage be stopped?
This is where antioxidants come in. (sources)
Antioxidants can be categorized in multiple ways. Based on their activity, they can be categorized as enzymatic and non-enzymatic antioxidants. Enzymatic antioxidants work by breaking down and removing free radicals. The antioxidant enzymes convert dangerous oxidative products to hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and then to water, in a multi-step process in presence of cofactors such as copper, zinc, manganese, and iron. Non-enzymatic antioxidants work by interrupting free radical chain reactions. Few examples of the non-enzymatic antioxidants are vitamin C, vitamin E, plant polyphenol, carotenoids, and glutathione.7 (source)
Free radicals are atoms, molecules or ions with unpaired electrons, which are highly active to chemical reactions with other molecules. In the biology system, the free radicals are often derived from oxygen, nitrogen and sulphur molecules. These free radicals are parts of groups of molecules called reactive oxygen species (ROS), reactive nitrogen species (RNS) and reactive sulphur species (RSS). For example, ROS includes free radicals such as superoxide anion (O2−•), perhydroxyl radical (HO2•), hydroxyl radical (▪OH), nitric oxide and other species such as hydrogen peroxide (H2O2), (source)
About Cellular Hydrogen Peroxide:
Using hydrogen peroxide on cuts and scratches truly isn’t just the most ideal approach to use it due to the fact that there are a lot more benefits of it. Hydrogen peroxide has various awesome uses outside of medical aid. Hydrogen peroxide is the main germicidal agent made just out of water and oxygen. Similar to ozone, it executes the organisms of illness formed by oxidation. Hydrogen peroxide is viewed as the most secure and natural effective sanitizer. It executes microorganisms by oxidizing them, which can be best depicted as a controlled consuming procedure. At the point when Hydrogen peroxide responds with natural material it separates into oxygen and water. As an extreme, nontoxic compound, the hydrogen peroxide works amazingly in some other ways too and it is affordable, as well. Below are some antioxidant benefits of hydrogen peroxide.
The results of some researches obtained show that the antioxidant and anti-radical activity of phenolic acids correlated positively with the number of hydroxyl groups bonded to the aromatic ring. The model of an ortho substitution of hydroxyl groups to the aromatic ring seems to be adequate for antioxidant and H2O2 or DPPH• scavenging activity of phenolic acids. (source)
Antioxidant & other benefits of Hydrogen Peroxide:
- Cancer Treatment with strong Hydrogen Peroxide antioxidants: The cancer is spreading a lot in people and there are several characteristic drugs that must be utilized to stop the spreading and dispose of the cancer cells either by executing the cancer cells or by killing the organisms inside the cancer cells and turning around the cancer cells into ordinary cells. The antioxidants generally found in Hydrogen peroxide are useful in killing such organisms and can decrease the risk of cancer.
- Maintain common health: The human body makes hydrogen peroxide and its strong antioxidants are able to battle such diseases which must be removed to make our immune framework work accurately. The White platelets are known as Leukocytes. A sub-class of Leukocytes called Neutrophils delivers hydrogen peroxide as the main line of barrier against poisons, parasites, microorganisms as well as infections and yeast.
- Infection treatment: By soaking he infected area of body in 3% of hydrogen peroxide for few minutes a few times each day can help getting rid of that infection. Indeed, even gangrene that would not heal with any solution has been recuperated by absorbing Hydrogen peroxide due to its strong antioxidant reactions on wounds.
- Help removing parasites: As in a lot of other treatments, when taken inside, the effective and strong antioxidants of hydrogen peroxide adds oxygen to the body’s inward condition. This oxidized condition is one in which parasites can’t exist and all of them are normally wiped out from the body.
- Treatment for foot fungus: The researches still can’t seem to have been done to demonstrate this works for everybody that it is a fast home cure for foot fungus. In order to help treating the foot fungus, the use of the spray containing 3% hydrogen peroxide and water on them (particularly the toes) and letting them dry can heal it if done regularly. The strong antioxidants of hydrogen peroxide help a lot to treat the disease.
- Best for mouth and teeth: Many individuals don’t understand that hydrogen peroxide makes an extremely viable and economical mouthwash. Utilize 3% of hydrogen peroxide and include a dash of fluid chlorophyll for enhancing if you want. On the other side, taking one capful of hydrogen peroxide and holding in your mouth for 10 minutes and then spit it out will never cause ulcer and your teeth will be more white. On the off chance that you have a frightful toothache and can’t get to a dental practitioner immediately, put a capful of 3% Hydrogen peroxide into your mouth and hold it for 10 minutes a few times each day. The torment will decrease significantly.
- Treats the birds Mites Infections: Patients contaminated by minor vermin stated that hydrogen peroxide successfully removes the parasites on their skins. They shower it on their skin two or three times with a couple of minutes between the applications and get stunning outcomes. The antioxidants available in hydrogen peroxide help fighting the disease and provide great results at the end.
- Best for Wound care: The antioxidants available in Hydrogen Peroxide help in healing wounds and stop the bleeding from little wounds. A few sources prescribed to soak wounds for five or more minutes a few times each day in order to heal the wound.
- Treating Sinus Infection: A tablespoon of 3% Hydrogen peroxide added to some non-chlorinated water can be utilized as a nasal shower. Contingent upon the level of sinus contribution, one should alter the measure of peroxide utilized. It can be used as a treatment for sinus infection due to the strong antioxidants available in it.